Continental tyres

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
R1200convert
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2022
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Continental tyres

Post by R1200convert »

I really don't like Bridgestone and always used road pilots, but the last review I read on the 6 didn't have such a good write up. So opted for the conti road attacks. Great tyre great grip and certainly a confidence booster in the corners. Will see what they wear like. But so far best tyre I've ever had.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Re: Continental tyres

Post by Our Gee »

The Conti's are a great, if not that popular a tyre. I have had them on all of my RT's and found them to have plenty of grip, really good feel and ride comfort. Only down side for me was the lack of durability. My present Maxxis are uncannily similar in that they offer much the same feel, performance and comfort but on present wear rates don't look like getting past about 3,500 miles before they will require changing. But it is nice to not follow the herd and try something different.
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 87 times
Great Britain

Re: Continental tyres

Post by Glenn »

I've had Dunlop RoadSmart IV's fitted around 1000 miles ago, they seem to be very good to me, they have far more grip than I'm prepared to use in the dry and wet (tested in the wet/dry over 500 miles last week). The tyres have predictable roll into the corners with/without a passenger, I would say a better tyre than the Metzeler Roadtec 01 that they replaced.