Newbie Luker

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
81delorean
Bike Model and Year: 2005 R1200RT
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Newbie Luker

Post by 81delorean »

Hi all, just signed up. I currently ride a 2017 Vstrom until Saturday the 28th when it will go to it's new owner. Had it for 4 years, great bike, can't fault it in any way. I've done 2,000 mile trips on it, 11 hour days with no issues. I have decided that I want a proper sport touring bike. Been looking at the Concours, ST1300, Victory Vision and the BMW R1200RT. I've got my eyes on a 2005 RT with less than 30,000 miles on it, looks to be in really good shape but I have yet to see it in person. I'm not going to ask you questions (for now) that have been asked a million times already on what I should look for when I go to look at it. I don't want to annoy you all right off the bat, there will be plenty of time for that later. Thanks for letting me in.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: Newbie Luker

Post by Doctor T »

Welcome to our site
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Post by Randyjaco »

Welcome from Friendswood, Texas :cheers:
Psychobabble
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2005
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Psychobabble »

Welcome! I'm new to the site and a new owner of a 2005 R1200RT as well: viewtopic.php?t=7475

Loving the bike and community so far! :cheers:
81delorean
Bike Model and Year: 2005 R1200RT
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by 81delorean »

Thank you all. I will be delivering my Vstrom to it's new owner this Saturday and then will continue on my trip farther to pick up my new (used) R1200RT. I'm pretty excited about, so glad to stop looking for a new bike finally. My first BMW, may not be my last, we'll see how it goes but I am expecting it to be pretty great. I already have some bar risers and lowering pegs bookmarked just in case, maybe some grip puppies, I'll see how the stock windscreen is for me but I've already been looking at those also. Gonna wait until I get some miles on it before I just start spending money for something I don't need. Oh, I will be getting auxiliary lights for it. That was the best thing I did to my Vstrom and noticed that people saw me a whole lot more with them. Just need to see where I want to mount them and who makes a bracket to mount them wherever that may be.