How to look stupid

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

How to look stupid

Post by Doctor T »

Seen these advertised on those selling sites but have never seen anyone use one. This is the reason why. Wonder the looks you would get turning up at your local bikers cafe.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
SimonD
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Re: How to look stupid

Post by SimonD »

...it's bad enough turning up on an RT! ;)
audibob2
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200rt
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Post by audibob2 »

I can run that a very close second.
There is a smallish roundabout near to me with a nasty incline on one side. I had stopped in heavy traffic behind an old bus. The bus pulled off so I followed. The bus then stopped abruptly, which forced me to stop as well. My old K100 brakes were grabby at the best of times and as the bike stopped, it bounced on the forks which sent the mass of the bike and me, over to the offside very slightly. The severity of the camber meant I could not put my foot down to stabilise the bike.

I then went down with the bike in slow motion, rolled over twice and ended up in the very nicely laid out flower bed. The offside front indicator pod followed me . Wearing a high vis yellow jacket and helmet added to the insult. I could not get the bike back on its wheels, and none of the car drivers came to my rescue. My rescuer came in the form of an undertaker in a very sharp suit who had watched it all from the window of his office just off the roundabout.

I thanked the guy, got the bike running , refitted the indicator pod, and rode home trying to forget the sorry episode.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

When i used to make a living from being a London dispatch rider. In the summers the trend was to wear baseball boots. I can remember riding over Putney Bridge. At a set of red lights, i came to a stop only to realise my laces had become entangled with the bike pegs. Over i went just like Del Boy.
I was helped up by a Police officer only to be asked if i had been drinking. Thankfully Mobile cameras and YouTube hadn't been invented back then
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.