fog lights

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

fog lights

Post by EasyRider »

Would anyone know if the 2019 RT has the wiring inplace to add the fog lights and switch to. plug and play sort of thing.

Also can i fit non oem light using a relay and switch to run extra lights on the RT. if so where is the best place to pick up the 12V switch live for the relay.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 398 times
Great Britain

Re: fog lights

Post by sakm »

Yes to both!

I prefer the OEM lights they are almost plug and play! the wiring is there and you have to buy the lights, loom and switch but then you also need it to be plugged in by BMW to activate the lights I have just replaced my lights and needed half the loom too and the cost was £320 you would need the switch and it activating too

You can also get a Hexcan and wire in the lights through one of those and use any lights you like and not have to tap in to any other wiring and you can do all sorts of fancy things with the lights too plus you would have 3 spare connectors for other accessories
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: fog lights

Post by Casbar »

I went the denali D2 spots and a Cansmart. I never use my aux lights (they are aux lights by the way, not fog lights). You can now have the aux lights illuminated with your daylight running lights. If they were actually fog lights, you would not be able to have them on unless your dipped headlight was on.

The BMW UK configurator is still calling them fog lights, but the Europe Config calls them aux lights as do the parts lists :)