Media options

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
stevekraft
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
United States of America

Media options

Post by stevekraft »

so iam the new to me RT owner of a 2022 RT. I was able to pair the phone and helmet to the bike with minimal cursing!
when i select Media, i find some of the playlists on my phone will not be recognized as available to play.
any ideas as to why and how to correct? thanks
professorb
Bike Model and Year: 2021 R1250RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: Media options

Post by professorb »

This is a longstanding issue with the Motorrad Connected app... BMW has told me in the past that this is related to "possibly having too many songs or playlists" on their phone! There is no guidance as to what the limits on playlists or songs might be.

I have been struggling with this for three years!

You are lucky to get any playlists showing... I get none. If a playlist is already selected on my phone prior to riding, it will play sequentially or in shuffle as selected on the phone. I can start and stop playing through the TFT Media controls, I even get album artwork.

I guess this is what we get when a motorcycle manufacturer gets into the software business.
Society must consider both Rights and Duty. If Duty is compelled, Citizens may feel their rights abridged. To remain both Constitutional and Free, Society must embrace a process of Consideration and Morality that will collectively prove the Individual superior to the State.