Guzzi Mandello

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Guzzi Mandello

Post by Our Gee »

Always had a soft spot for Moto Guzzi so I took a great interest when the Mandello was first announced. I even went along to our local Guzzi dealer to see the new bike "In The Flesh". Very pretty little thing, although not a Tourer. All the Magazine Road Test reports where pretty much the same giving glowing appraisals. Now then, after all the hype has faded it is disappointing to see the high number of these bikes listed for sale with very, very low mileages. Any of you folk know a Mandello owner who could give an honest opinion ?.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: Guzzi Mandello

Post by Doctor T »

Most low-mileage and 3 year old bikes were probably on PPI. Most were handed back after 3 years to pay a deposit on a new bike. If you can find one, it is worth a second look.
I had an 850 le mans many many years ago. Not the fastest but a brilliant handling bike with a low seat.
Am looking at a V850TT for my next bike. Would love a brand new R1250GSA(don't like the style of the 1300GS) but the Guzzi is 10K cheaper. Again the TT has a lower seat height.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Guzzi Mandello

Post by Casbar »

A good friend only kept his for 4 months. Suspension on the standard bike was wanting apparently. Have a look on UKGSER there are quite a few threads on there and some owners