Navigation app

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
divndave57
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
United States of America

Navigation app

Post by divndave57 »

I just picked up a new 2023 RT. I've spent a month plus exploring the navigation app/mapping software. In my humble opinion the entire thing is trash. Nobody at the dealership even uses the app let alone being able to discuss how to use it. The information on YouTube is helpful for basic stuff but try to find out how to route plan and input routes with waypoints good luck. Is there a source for what you can do with it and how to do use this product? BMW is really (in my opinion) completely dropping an opportunity.

Thoughts?
Andybzx9r
Bike Model and Year: 2022
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: Navigation app

Post by Andybzx9r »

Do you think buying a newer model with the TFP screen is worthwhile or should I save a lot of money buying an older model with the dials and simply add a sat nav ?
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

The BMW connected App works really well with most routing software, or you can plan a route on your phone in the App. Once you figure it out you'll love it (unless your using an Iphone). Plan a route in which ever software you use and save it, then email to yourself and open the email on your phone. It will open in the app and enjoy your ride. You can also the WhatsApp or email anyone with the BMW App and they will have the identical route.
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

It is indeed awful.

Mine never dropped out, as I used a dedicated android phone, BUT you can't edit routes on the fly...you have to take the phone out.

No thanks.

Have just purchased a good old Zumo XT2.