Knee Op Date

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 161 times
Wales

Knee Op Date

Post by EasyRider »

In May 2019 i had my left knee replaced. It took me about 3 months before i was able to ride after the op.
In June 2023 i was ment to have had my right knee replaced, but i was not in the right frame of mind with my heart problem i have got. So on the morning of the op i could not go though with it and went home.
This morning i got a phone call. I am now having my right knee replaced on the 5th March, just 2 week time. Got to go and have my bloods and swabs done next tuesday the 27th.

I am a bit miffed as i was so so looking forward to taxing my new to me RT that i bought in December from the 1st March.
Looks like its going to be May/June now before i can ride it :(
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Re: Knee Op Date

Post by EasyRider »

I am tempted to still tax the RT for the month, just to be able to get out on it at least once before my op.
Will check the on the 29th the weather app for the week ahead and if its dry-ish i will tax it.
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 87 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

I'm hoping to tax my F650GS next month, I'll be out on the RT at the weekend, got a run out to the Salt Box cafe on Sunday, it is looking cold though.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

EasyRider wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:08 am I am tempted to still tax the RT for the month, just to be able to get out on it at least once before my op.
Will check the on the 29th the weather app for the week ahead and if its dry-ish i will tax it.

Tax then SORN her after, either way she’s there for you if need be (I’ll not go into short term costs for fear of haters).

The main part of this thread is … hope all goes well and it’s a speedy 3 month recovery again as summer is in full bloom awaiting you 👍👍
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

This morning the wife and i had to pop to the hospital as she has day sergery in April.
One of the question my wife was asked was "Have you had a chest infection ect ect in the last 6 weeks".
This got me thinking as i have just got over a chest infection and a corse of steroids that i have just finished.
So as we were there i poped in to the ward where i am having my pre op next week.
I told them about my chest infection and steroids that i had just finished.
Because of this i will not be having my knee op on the 5th March and it will be later in the year at some point.

So i can now tax and ride my RT next month :-D
EasyRider
Subscriber
Wales

Post by EasyRider »

So i had a letter on Friday saying i have been removed from the waiting list to have my knee done.
This is because i was ill last month with a chest infection and was put on steroids.
So i have just been back to the dotors and was told my chest was all clear.
I got home and rang up the booking service to get put back on the waiting list.
Only to be told i have to ring back on the 16th May, as i have to have been off the steroids for 3 months.

What a load of crap. Why not put me back on the list and make sure my op is after the 16th May.
Looking at this its going to be July or later before i have my op now.
If its September all the better as it would give me the winter to get better.