General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Jeffem
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Headlight protector

Post by Jeffem »

I’ve just received and fitted my headlight protector this morning. The R&G screen fits the contours of the headlight very well, but, is it me or do the white Velcro tabs look wrong? I would have thought black ones would look better.
IMG_5795.jpeg
IMG_5795.jpeg (473.61 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Slow in, fast out.
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Headlight protector

Post by scunny12 »

Black looks better and cheap enough to buy.
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times
Great Britain

Re: Headlight protector

Post by Capt Sisko »

"I would have thought black ones would look better."

Ah yes, I thought that when I fitted mine and ordered a set of black Velcro discs from Amazon, even paid a bit more for the hard plastic, extra strong, waterproof type. It was only when I pealed off the protective paper covering the self adhesive did I discover the back of self adhesive backing, the bit you stick to and is seen through your protector, is whiter than KKK convention!

I had to use them because at that point that's all I had, but if I can get some discs made from the black Velcro with a black backing, I'm going to replace them.

One last warning with these screen protectors, the plastic can be a bit brittle. I snapped the first one I had as I unclipped it so I could take it off to wash it and the headlight. Whether UV got to it, the cold made it brittle or I was a bit ham fisted I don't know, but I take more care removing it's replacement know I know.