EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 162 times
Wales

Why the BMW RT

Post by EasyRider »

Why did you choose and buy a BMW RT, and what bike did the RT replace.

Why
It felt light with its LCOG and a good riding position. The wife also liked being pillion on it.

Replaced
Gen2 Hayabusa which was my main summer bike.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Mac001
Bike Model and Year: R1250 RT LE 2019
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Re: Why the BMW RT

Post by Mac001 »

WHY

Needed a bike that could be comfortable two up and able to cover distance at a good pace. Had to be powerful and sporty enough to handle B roads and the odd blast solo as well as long rides without getting battered by wind buffeting. Went for a 2019/2020 as I didn’t like the TFT and I use a Garmin XT. Found one that had 9k on the clock and with a two year warranty……..

REPLACED

2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure Sport, great bike, lovely addictive power and handling but had been made smaller from the previous model, and my wife and I had no room. The seating, all three we tried, must have been invented by someone that likes to provide torture as it is too narrow. At the front I was basically sat on my crotch :oops:. The bike was designed to allow standing up and to accommodate shorter riders according to the KTM brief. Seems to be happening everywhere but they forget some people are not short and do not want to be Ewan and Charlie clones. The RT gives you a choice of seating positions without compromising comfort and I could last more than 1.5 hours without having to sleep with my legs apart that night.
OOF
Great Britain

Post by OOF »

WHY
It’s a bike style that suits me best. Comfort, performance, handling and luggage. My 3rd RT having had 1150, 1200 and now 1250.

REPLACED
2019 Triumph Rocket 3.
R1250RT LE 2019
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 398 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

For me it was that I wanted the ultimate tourer for me and the missus!

I had sports bikes all my life but the wife wouldn't get on them when we met and I worked shifts at the time and lots of weekends so when it came to weekends it was spent with the wife and the bike was getting left out!

I took her out on an FJR and she loved it so got one of those to start her in in to the world of bikes with the aim to get the RT

We have done a fair few trips and the comfort of the RT compared the the FJR is second to none

There was always something about the RT that kept drawing me to it so I just had to get one
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 31 times
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

Why?

I've had BMWs for the past 7 years, all touring models, and I've kind of got used to the layout and tech. This one was lighter than my past couple which I was struggling with a bit at low speeds due to a HCOG on one model, and then a bit of an un-nerving weave at speed on another (they all do it apparently) :roll: This was a balance of handling, lightness, tec, carrying capacity and quality.

Replaced?

Last one was a BMW K1600GA - fantastic bit of kit, loved that engine, but it was too hard to handle at low speeds and had a weave at higher speeds, not dangerous, but weird and unsettling :oops:

One before that was the GTLE version of the same bike, even worse at low speeds, but way better at high speeds, I should have got the RT after that, but loved the engine so much I spring for a new GA and only done about 4000 miles on it before swapping.