Buying tips!

Got a BMW R1200RT/R1250RT for sale? selling some accessories?
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 397 times
Great Britain

Buying tips!

Post by sakm »

Just recently there has been a big uptake in scammers on Facebook groups and as such I suspect they could make their way on to forums.

I would just like to say to please be vigilant when buying off anyone selling parts & accessories online be it on here of Facebook etc.

Always meet in person if you can and collect goods but if you can't then always use secure ways to buy like PayPal ensuring you use good and service as the payment option and not friends and family unless of course you trust the seller.

Please note that I Do not accept any responsibility for anything being bought or sold on the forums and everything is at your own risk so please do ensure you are buying from or selling to a trustworthy person if possible.

Also if you do suspect a seller then please feel free to report them and I can easily check out their account.

I can impose restrictions on the selling sections if people would prefer like must have a minimum number of posts or be a subscriber etc
EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 161 times
Wales

Re: Buying tips!

Post by EasyRider »

I think a minimum number of posts to be able to sell would be a good idea.
It would still not be 100% foolproof but it will help.
Trust is not given its earned
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Re: Buying tips!

Post by BoB21 »

Easy to check past posts of anybody and make your own decisions to purchase from someone. Buyer beware was always installed onto me.