Aftermarkey Tank Bag for 2015 R1200RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
rickmeister
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT, 2015
Australia

Aftermarkey Tank Bag for 2015 R1200RT

Post by rickmeister »

My current OEM BMW tank bag needs to be replaced. The clear plastic top lid has failed, the thing leaks and looks v.second hand. Trying to search the net has revealed v.little as regards if the aftermarket bag will fit my RT, The current bag has a large-ish strap clip (I don't know what they are called, but they very common), with the female attached to the bike, and the male is on the bag. The rear has two smaller clips, one male and one female attached to the bag, and vice-versa attached to the bike.

So, I don't really want to go down the genuine BMW path, but would like your views and experiences with aftermarket bags, eg, GIVI. Are they available and how easy are they to fit?

Thanks!!

Rickmeister.
Beem530i
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Re: Aftermarkey Tank Bag for 2015 R1200RT

Post by Beem530i »

Hello - I have the GivI Tanklock system and a locking tank bag. Installation is simple - remove 4 screws, put tanklock plates in place, install 4 slightly longer screws. Only issue I ever had was by overtightening the screws, the electronic gas cap did not want to open so I had to loosed the screws to get it to work. Once the correct tension is set, the system works perfectly.

Tony
ColoradoGreek
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT / 2016
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by ColoradoGreek »

I have a SW-Motech EVO tank bag that I purchased a few years ago. It comes with a tank-ring and will not interfere with the handlebars at full right/left stops. There are several YouTube videos to show how to install. It is 5 liters and expands to 9 liters. Not sure if the EVO model is still available, but their ION model is very similar to the EVO model. The ION model comes in 3 sizes, if needed.
Colorado Greek
2016 R1200RT
rickmeister
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT, 2015
Australia

Post by rickmeister »

Thanks for the replies.