EasyRider
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 2019 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 165 times
Wales

BMW used approved warranty

Post by EasyRider »

Just read a thread on UKGSer, that a member got new header pipes due to the flapper valve problem.
He said he had no problem getting a new one on the warranty.

Has anyone on here managed to get new header pipes on the BMW used approved warranty for there bike. The guys bike is a 2019 GSA.

In the booklet it says the exhaust is not covered.
Dont Ride Faster, Than Your Angel Can Fly. :thumb:
Gareth1962
Bike Model and Year: R1250rt 2021
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Re: BMW used approved warranty

Post by Gareth1962 »

I recently (20th March) had new header pipes fitted. Bike booked in for 18,000 service, first mot and two tyres. Some days before the engine light had come on a couple of times, but cleared upon restart, so just mentioned it when booked in. Then got a call to say that the cause was the exhaust flap and would now be replaced under warranty without charge! Not sure which warranty, as bike just under 3 years old, but I bought it just under 2 yrs old old with 2 years warranty and BMW assist!
Wasn't expecting it, but certainly no complaints from me!!
2021 R1250RT LE Blue
martin@swad
Bike Model and Year: r1250rt 2019
Great Britain

Post by martin@swad »

Had mine replaced October 2023 under approved warranty. I had 4 incidents of eml coming on and called emergency service each time. Can't fault the service or the call out times, although maybe they could have replaced sooner. 2019 r1250 rt 12000mls.
Valentino23
Bike Model and Year: Honda CRF 450R
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Post by Valentino23 »

Sometimes, there's room for exceptions or special circumstances, especially if it's a known issue like the flapper valve problem.

I managed to haggle my way with the guys doing the warranty, you have to convice them it's gonna be fine