TPMS question ( tire Pressure )

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Cahoots55
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt
United States of America

TPMS question ( tire Pressure )

Post by Cahoots55 »

Hi all I'm a new owner of a rt 2016 and trying to get the TPMS displayed on my bike. Im wondering if the sensors batteries are dead or is my display set up incorrectly, Not finding help in the owner's manual?? the 2 crescent symbols are not displayed?. Help please Thanks Steve
xlauto
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200Rt
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Re: TPMS question ( tire Pressure )

Post by xlauto »

Hi there, are you not able to access the ‘Tire pressure’ reading in the ‘Info’ section on your screen or is it that your tire pressure readings are just two dotted lines? If you are just seeing dotted lines you may have to have the bike relearn the sensors which can only be done with the GS-911 scan tool or Motoscan app (motoscan app must have the ‘ultimate’ version downloaded). I recently changed my sensors and had to do this. Plus you will need a relearn tool to wake up the sensors while you are using the scan tool. You can buy this relearn tool off Amazon for around $20 (EL-50448) In total this will run you a few bucks so if you don’t plan on doing your own service work, best to take it into a BMW dealer.
ColoradoGreek
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT / 2016
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by ColoradoGreek »

On my 2016 RT the tire pressures are displayed by: press the “Menu” button until you get to the “Info” screen. Using the wonder wheel scroll until to see “Tire Pressure”. Hope this helps.
Colorado Greek
2016 R1200RT
Cahoots55
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt
United States of America

Post by Cahoots55 »

Thanks for your help. I finally got it at this point the 2 crescent bare are there and haven't tested the display moving yet. Thanks for your comments Steve
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 401 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

The pressure won't show until you start riding the bike