Calipers Leaking - Round Two.

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Mac001
Bike Model and Year: R1250 RT LE 2019
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Calipers Leaking - Round Two.

Post by Mac001 »

So after the hassle of getting my bike to a dealer in February when I found the front calipers were leaking I have only managed to get two trips and about 350 miles on the bike. I thought I would have a quick check of the calipers and surprise surprise most of the pistons were moist on the left side in particular draining down onto the pad slider.
The thing is it felt a bit greasy so wondered if it was some kind of assembly lube. So cleaned all off with brake cleaner and a quick 70 miles today and you guessed it they are leaking! :evil:
The left caliper is leaking from all pistons the right two are for certain. The bike goes in for a service and MOT on Thursday so I can feel a call coming on for first thing Tuesday. This is a massive safety issue which I cannot believe from BMW. No wonder in the States they replaced these Hayes calipers for Brembo’s.
In 2K miles I have had rear suspension blow, the screen lose its bottom pins, water in the dash from a faulty seal and now new calipers that leak.
Miffed and disappointed on a bike that has 11k miles on it.
Am I just unlucky or should I get rid?