updates

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Post Reply
futterweasel

updates

Post by futterweasel »

Garmin Express V5.0.0.0 Is available
User avatar
stayingupright
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: updates

Post by stayingupright »


Thanks


This is starting to get ridiculous.


New updates nearly every week ... Will just check every Friday from now on!
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
futterweasel

Re: updates

Post by futterweasel »

I have known more than one a week!!!
Casbar
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: updates

Post by Casbar »

Just plugged mine in, no updates, says its upto date,  V3.4, upto date maps. This is on a mac
guest3074

Re: updates

Post by guest3074 »

I doubt all these updates will make much difference, I'd bet most are for compatibility with new products and or features and I haven't seen any change in features to the Nav V so my bet is it wouldn't be an issue if you didn't upgrade.
futterweasel

Re: updates

Post by futterweasel »

Casbar wrote: Just plugged mine in, no updates, says its upto date,  V3.4, upto date maps. This is on a mac





Its the Express program not the v5 that needs doing
Casbar
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: updates

Post by Casbar »

futterweasel wrote:




Its the Express program not the v5 that needs doing

Yes got that, but when I open express, if there is an update required it normally tells me, but its not this time, and there doesn't seem to be an option to get an update. Guess I'll wait until i reboot, at some stage, that normally kicks it into action
guest3074

Re: updates

Post by guest3074 »

Casbar wrote:
Yes got that, but when I open express, if there is an update required it normally tells me, but its not this time, and there doesn't seem to be an option to get an update. Guess I'll wait until i reboot, at some stage, that normally kicks it into action
The windows version doesn't automatically notify of updates, you have to do it manually  :(
User avatar
stayingupright
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: updates

Post by stayingupright »

Casbar wrote:
Yes got that, but when I open express, if there is an update required it normally tells me, but its not this time

You need to go to "settings" And drop down to "about"


The update for the program is there.


I have to admit that it is not the clearest way to get an update to a program that I have ever seen.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
Casbar
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: updates

Post by Casbar »

Sorted now, tried that, but it just hung, so shut down and started, it then prompted me to update, hope it was worth it  8)
User avatar
David.
Subscriber
Posts: 8082
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 337 times
Great Britain

Re: updates

Post by David. »

Update complete, thanks again.
futterweasel

Re: updates

Post by futterweasel »

Casbar wrote: Sorted now, tried that, but it just hung, so shut down and started, it then prompted me to update, hope it was worth it  8)

Are you running windows If so what version, I don't get update alerts on windows 10 have to do it the long winded route 
guest3074

Re: updates

Post by guest3074 »

futterweasel wrote:
Are you running windows If so what version, I don't get update alerts on windows 10 have to do it the long winded route
He's running a MAC
Casbar wrote: This is on a mac
Casbar
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 am
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: updates

Post by Casbar »

Benchmark wrote: He's running a MAC

Yep Mac, don't own a PC  8)
guest3074

Re: updates

Post by guest3074 »

Casbar wrote:
Yep Mac, don't own a PC  8)
Never mind, we don't hold it against you  :enjoying:
Post Reply