Bike camera

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
mhr43

Bike camera

Post by mhr43 »

Having recently been involved in  a situation where photographic evidence of a car driver's behaviour would have been useful, I have started to wonder about the idea of having a "dash cam" on my RT.  Does anyone have any  experience or advice/recommendations  that might help me ?
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Bike camera

Post by T6pilot »

I have a INNOV, basic camera installed on my 15rt, camera or lens portion is affixed below air intake, recording portion is below the riders seat, electrical is tapped into tail light wire. I have viewed the video it's ok, especially for its intended purpose which is for crazy drivers or accidents
Jim
Lynxfixer

Post by Lynxfixer »

I use my smart phone mounted on top of my dash as the gps. Just discovered an app called autoboy which seems to work really well. It starts up automatically when I connect my bluetooth helmet to the phone. You can set it up to do all sorts with the video. And its free. Worth a look?
GJ-MOTO

Post by GJ-MOTO »

Also use the Innovv system that covers the front and rear, having had two incidents "other drivers faults" and one that needed the footage I would alway recommend something. As mention fixing points need to be considered, but once installed you can start the bike and just let the camera record. It over writes old footage and has other setting available. Other after market products available on the market that may be more in line with what you want.

Note: Innovv has had some good and bad write ups, I've not had any problems but others have.
Last edited by GJ-MOTO on Wed May 03, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ-MOTO