tire pressure monitor

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
pencile
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

tire pressure monitor

Post by pencile »

My 2014RT tire pressure monitor for both the front and rear tires is reading about 9 to pounds lower than the actual pressure.  The problem is that the bike seems to give a display warning if it reads lower than about 32 pounds. I don't want to overinflate just to clear the warning.  Is their a way to recalibrate this monitor?  any ideas?
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: tire pressure monitor

Post by B787MECH »

Seems strange that both front and back are out. Assuming you used a calibrated guage to check them then I'd suggest you take the bike to a dealer and have the system checked and recalibrated on the diagnostics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

Hi

I would check with another gauge.  I was impressed that my TPMS was actually quite accurate.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Thanks for raising the little discussed subject of the pressure monitors "Pencile". Couple of queries I have been thinking about for a while, how long do the batteries last and are the valve cores the same as in standard type of valves as I can't recall ever seeing my tyre shop fitting new valves during tyre renewal.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Our Gee wrote: Couple of queries I have been thinking about for a while, how long do the batteries last and are the valve cores the same as in standard type of valves as I can't recall ever seeing my tyre shop fitting new valves during tyre renewal.

Not sure on battery life? 5 to 12 years apparently, suppose it depends on how old the battery was when initially installed. The valves are a different fitment  than standard as they have the sensor fitted on the inside.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)