Riding through History - Bosworth Battlefield 1485

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
guest5111

Riding through History - Bosworth Battlefield 1485

Post by guest5111 »

Here's the next in my historical jaunt through England on the RT, my trusty steed. Now the dust has settled on the discovery and re-internment of Richard III, it's a look at the Bosworth Battlefield site and the man himself. No better way to see it than on the back of an RT. It's not just about the bike, it's where it takes us.
https://youtu.be/9rPdDpCqGFI
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Re: Riding through History - Bosworth Battlefield 1485

Post by jackronner »

My kingdom for a trusty steed!  If only Richard III had had a beemer;  history might have been so different.  Just a "hunch" on my part (and his).
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

HaHa.  :))  Maybe a GS with knobbly tyres for those muddy bits ? In 500 years the technology has changed but not the journey ....

A couple of years ago I visited Bosworth and met a re-enactor, a young man around mid-20's who had exactly the same scoliosis as Richard. To look at him you wouldn't have known. When the Tudors got hold of the portrait of Richard they emphasised the 'hunchback' to make him look sinister. History and bikes go together brilliantly, connect you with the landscape. Maybe someone Stateside could take us though the Civil War?
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

Biking is a throwback means of transport.  Knights errant on our steeds, exposed to the elements, earning the journey.  Now if we could only wield a lance!
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

Very fook'n cool. 👍
Tones

Post by Tones »

York King, denied the right after death to be interned in Yorkshire.

Damn you flatlander potato growers