Sirius Antenna

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
ezymount

Sirius Antenna

Post by ezymount »

Anyone ever consider using one of these smaller antenna units, possibly placed on top/center of an RCU shelf. Would provide better position of antenna for better reception and is fairly small in size, so would not be very obvious.
Attachments
6660047A-1D7F-4A5F-808B-CA7C26559828.png
Jim - 2020 ‘B’
realshelby

Re: Sirius Antenna

Post by realshelby »

I agree that the factory setup gives poor reception. At least on my RT. There may be a way to improve that. While the remote mounted antenna might be a good way to improve that, I would be quite surprised if you could simply plug in the antenna. BMW would find some way to make the connection different from everyone else...

There are a couple reports where owners removed the covers below the windshield to access the factory antenna. Apparently some of those may be not level, which is not good. Reports are that leveling them made a big difference. I will be looking at mine soon to check.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.