How does live traffic perform on Nav 6?

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

How does live traffic perform on Nav 6?

Post by gadgetgaz »

Hi everyone, I used to have a Zumo 660 mounted on the bars of my bike for years and was always quite happy. But then, I think at the same time as switching to a bluetooth helmet from an Autocom system, I mounted my smartphone on the bars instead and used Google maps since.
I am now going back to the on-bike satnav in the form of a Navigator 6.
I love the live traffic performance of Google maps and see this as the gold standard.
The worst system, in my opinion, is Traffic Master and that is what I had on the Zumo by way of a plug in aerial and traffic master accessory.
Where do you think live traffic updates on the Nav6 come in on this scale please?
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
guest4915

Re: How does live traffic perform on Nav 6?

Post by guest4915 »

I use Garmin's Smartlink app on my works sat nav and occasionally on the Nav 6. I find it to be OK, but not as dependable or accurate as Google Maps. Sometimes you have to brave out warnings and detours on Smatlink and you find they disappear.
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by gadgetgaz »

Hmmm, thanks pickaxe but I wanted someone to say it was really reliable and just as accurate as Google traffic be
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

gadgetgaz wrote: I wanted someone to say it was really reliable and just as accurate as Google traffic be
We can live in hope:-) Have to agree with Pixkaxe sometimes it is very pessimistic on arrival time and then it just improves!  Peter