I've recently bought a new 1250RT, model 2021 in Manhattan Metallic.
I ordered the bike in October 2020 and got it two weeks ago.
I did a test drive with the 2020 model, and it was just fine. It was a silent, comfortable ride, but it had a bit of a dated design.
When I got my new bike and drove off for the first kilometers, I was a bit surprised about the engine's noise/exhaust.
It is a lot louder than on the previous model. In fact, for me too loud to drive without ear protection.
I called it in at the dealer and was told that I wasn't the only one who had complained about it.
Then I looked at the navigation system. Since the integration with the old BMW Navigator is gone, you have to rely on the BMW app.
Okay, let's say that's progress, as long as we have all the "old" navigator features.
And here comes the disappointment...
- When you use an iPhone 12, it doesn't charge in the designated box. Without a charger, the battery is drained in 3 hours.
- If you have a larger phone, it won't fit into that box.
- The app. needs to be active all the time. When I'm getting a message from WhatsApp, Messenger, a VoIP call, or whatever, the app goes to the background, and I lose my navigation screen. I have to stop and reconnect the app again.
- The speed limit displayed on the screen is often wrong.
- You don't get actual traffic information.
- Speed traps or trajectory speed control is not displayed as it did on the previous model.
Furthermore, the DAB radio doesn't function as it should. After 30 seconds, it switches to an alternative FM station.
The TPM is constantly off with 400 grams, and the bike indicates "Low fuel" while I still have 8 liters in the tank.
I've contacted BMW about these issues, but I think the new RT isn't fully developed yet.
Does anyone of you experience these issues?