VALUE

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

VALUE

Post by Maz12 »

as I've mentioned I was due to collect/part ex my 2012RT the same week as the recall,  the only contact I've had is texts from my dealer...  I've heard nothing from bmw themselves.
There now seems to be a lot of chatter on various forums about a glut of slightly used RTWC bikes soon coming on the market,  plus the loaner bikes that'll be soon for sale at reduced prices,    On top of that there's soon to be the 2015 RTWC.
iM beginning to wonder if I'm going to be paying over the odds and as soon as I do will the value of my bike drop more than the norm?    Would it be wise to wait for the 15 or am I worrying over nothing?
guest2360

Re: VALUE

Post by guest2360 »

I would not worry.  Very few seem to have been rejected with the owners happy to take a loan bike while they wait.  Most of them seem to have only had them for pre planned holidays.  Loan bikes have been in the main stock 1200GSs  and a few have ended up with K1600s which are a different kettle of fish.  I would not think the recall would have an effect on second hand values of pre 2014 RTs.  Of course if you can find a rejected WC it might be discounted and have very low mileage. As for the 2015 model.  It seems to be just one colour change and the option of keyless ignition.  Having had it on a 1600 Exclusive its the one thing I would not bother with again.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maz12

Re: VALUE

Post by Maz12 »

Cheers,  the keyless ignition dosent appeal to me either, nor does the new colour